OUR FAVORITE WEBSITE LINKS
There's a lot of other really cool and informative websites about the American Indian Horse. Here are just a few, and we'll add some more as soon as we can...
- Yahoo Groups AIHR Forum
- This is a message board for those who have or are interested in American Indian Horses.
- Karma Farms
- This is the website to check out if your looking for a wealth of AIHR information. Vickie Ives, her family, and crew located in east Texas specialize in and breed American Indian and Spanish Colonial Horses.
- Horse of the Americas
- HOA is a unified registry open to Original Indian Horses, Barbs, Spanish Barbs & Spanish Mustangs. CS type horses from the wild may be registered by inspection. These include (but are not limited to): Sulphur, Kiger, Pryor, Cerbat and Mt. Taylor.
- Cayuse Ranch
- This is the Brislawn family ranch located in northeastern Wyoming. See range bred horses, naturally raised. This breed is a doing horse and can be used for most anything.
- The Right Lead
- This is primarily a Q & A web site in which horse people can ask questions as well as give answers, tips, suggestions, and share their favorite web sites.
- Texas Trail Riding
- This site has a schedule of trail rides in Texas, Louisiana, and Nevada.
- The North American Trail Ride Conference (NATRC) is one of a number of competitive trail ride organizations in the United States. A competitive trail ride is not a race, but competitors cover a marked course in a given period of time.
- The Colonial Spanish Horse by Dr. Sponenberg
- Dr. Phillip Sponenberg DVM PhD, a professor at Virginia-Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine gives a report on the colonial Spanish horse.
- Wilbur-Cruce Spanish Barb
- Desert Heritage Breeds is home of the historic Wilbur-Cruce Spanish Barb in Tucson, Arizona. They also have an updated article on this site by Dr. Sponenberg.
- Southwest Spanish Mustang Association (SSMA)
- Gilbert H. Jones was the founder of SSMA. His passion for horses and devotion to SSMA will not be forgotten. SSMA is dedicated to preserving, Promoteing,and enjoying, pure lines of Spanish Mustangs.
- American Sulphur Horse Association (ASHA)
- The ASHA was formed in 2003 in efforts to preserve, promote and protect this rare and beautiful Spanish/ Iberian horse.
- Spanish Mustang
- This site has information on the history and origin of the Spanish Mustang
- Wild Horse and Burro Program
- The Bureau of Land Management (BLM) is responsible for managing the nation's public lands and wild horses and burros. They have regular adoptions/auctions for these horses and burros.
- Prince Royal Nights
- Their horses are registered AMHA, AMHR, AIHR, and WCMH .
© 1997 - 2001 The American Indian Horse Registry
9028 State Park Rd. Lockhart, TX 78644
tel (512) 398-6642